Publishing Digital (Electronic) Photo Slideshows
Present Your Message Digitally Using Slideshows or Photo Galleries
Display Information Attractively and Interactively A slideshow or photo gallery is an excellent way to present a message in an organized, compact manner, using a series of projected photographic slides. Your digital slideshow can be an attention-getting, easy-to-use Internet resource that allows users to do a number of things.
What to Include in Your Slideshow Warren Camp includes the following elements in most of the digital slideshows and photo galleries he creates.
- Thumbnails, Numbers, Buttons Thumbnail photos give users a sense of where they are in a slideshow; they allow for easy navigation and convenience in finding a desired slide. Highlighting slides with numbers enables quick navigation; directional buttons make viewing convenient.
- Option to Play Automatically or Manually Slideshows work in two ways: automatically or manually. Ideally, provide both options. Warren prefers to have most slideshows start automatically, but allow users to click buttons to view slides at an individual pace, especially when slides have captions.
- Slide Transitions How a slideshow advances from slide to slide is probably more important than you think. An instant slide transfer can appear abrupt, while gradual fade-out and fade-in transitions are easy on the eyes.
- Content Whether you include photos, charts, tables, lists, paragraphs, and so on, be sure to use high-quality slides.
- Color Theme, Border, Frame A black-text-on-white-background format gets the job done. But placing your slides on a colored background accompanied by complementary graphics and icons can give your slideshow an attractive and memorable theme while accentuating its contents. Consider adding borders or frames to your slides.
Slideshows and photo galleries provide opportunities to back up cherished photos while preserving your photographic memories. See the following examples of WCD slideshows.
Slideshows and Photo Galleries
• Click the thumbnail images to see the entire slideshow or gallery.
California Wildlife (93 images)
Photos have descriptive captions and custom frames. Top menu bar buttons allow users to choose from five albums.
A simple slideshow with large photos, download capability, and a solid-color background advances automatically.
Three Family Slideshows in One
Using a black background for contrast, Warren placed photos in consecutive order to highlight his cousin's life.
Simplest of Album Slideshows
This slideshow of seven photos has been made using the "responsive" design. It's easy to view on all devices, no matter their size.
Walking Tour of Victoria, Canada
Styled to highlight photo quality, this slideshow combines mini-thumbnails with huge photos and captions on a dark background.
Starts with an intro page and includes graphic images, a video, on-click Scripture passages, and more.
A Church's Opening Web Page
This simple, automatic four-slide opening slideshow with cross-fade transitions invites viewers to enter the classroom of a church's adult Sunday school to study.
here Warren Camp has extensive experience creating many types of high-quality business cards, posters, door hangers, postcards, bookmarks, newsletters, brochures, and so on. He enjoys designing and executing print advertising and marketing pieces. See many more of Warren's recent print design productions in the left column. Or see a number of his digital design creations.